Event manager is the person who organizes the event. He/she plans and executes the event based on your needs. They not only plan and organize your event but also promote your event through conferences, meetings for various organizations. These people are needed in all walks of life from entertainment to politics to the corporate world.
Qualities of an event manager:
1. Time Management: Event manager must be able to manage time. This is the major factor for him/her to be considered. This must be not only your habit, but you must also make your team members to manage the time so that your plan can be executed efficiently.
2. Resourcefulness is nothing but using your resources available most efficiently and effectively.
3. Communication is the other aspect that the event manager must have. This is very important. Without proper communication it is impossible for him/her to make events successful and well planned. You should communicate clearly and respectfully.
4. Passionate: You must be passionate towards your work. Without this you can’t over come the challenges.
5. Willpower: You must have strong willpower i.e., you must make changes to reach your goal or vision so that you can resolve problems easily.
Duties and responsibilities of event manager:
- Event managers must be able to manage the staff in performing their duties
- Research, design, planning, coordination and evaluation must be done efficiently
- He/she must be able to work with the team to deliver events
- Must have the habit of researching the changes of market and needs
- Must prepare the plans and schedules for managing and delivering events
- Promotion of event and drive the people to attend event
- Communicate with your team members clearly about the event and make them clear their doubts regarding the event
- Make sure that your staff are well prepared for the event
- Plan a event calendar to have clear idea about the event which avoids any disturbances that may occur due to mis-understandings in the staff members
- Target the venue, date and no. of delegates
- Plan budget in a proper manner
- Event plan must be set with some mile stones
- Must concentrate on pricing strategies and financial objectives
These are some of the major duties and responsibilities of the event manager that are to be carried out in organizing an event.