To anyone, car accident is a frightening experience because most people who are involved in car crashes are severely injured or killed. However, whether you are injured or you may not be injured, knowing what to do after a car accident will help you guide to overcome the situation.
Here are the things to do after a car accident:
- If your vehicle is involved in an accident, try to stop your vehicle. If you do not try to stop, you may be subjected to criminal prosecution. Here, remember that do not stop the vehicle in middle of the road (if no one is injured). Move your vehicle to the side of the road and stop it.
- Make sure that the people inside the car are safe. But do not move the injured person because it may even worsen the situation of the injured person. If you are in conscious, ask or give signal to somebody to call the police. Police will immediately arrive at the accident place. Now make sure that the person who contacts the police should be able to tell the police both the address of the accident and the number of persons injured, so that enough emergency personnel respond to the scene.
- Suppose your vehicle is involved in an accident, and you are severely injured and are on the roadway, try to turn on the hazard lights or use cones, warning triangles etc. to know others that your vehicle need some help or accident occurred.
- Then, get the details like names, addresses, and telephone and driver’s license numbers, of other drivers, license plate numbers of the vehicles, as well as the names and addresses of the registered owners of the vehicles, and the insurance information for each of the other vehicle’s.
- Get the details of passengers and witnesses, police officers names who are going to deal your case.
- Get medical attention from a doctor.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident.