Just like all other industries, even the sector of advertising was badly hit by the Covid- 19 pandemic. With the lessening of pandemic severity, economic activities have now picked up.
The process of recovery has started for the advertising sector, as well. But owing to circumstances attributable to Covid- 19, things have now changed in many ways. For instance, the pattern in which ads are served to users has undergone a major transformation. Let us now have a look at some of the important, related trends in the market.
- First and foremost, a substantial chunk of advertisers is now focusing on delivering ads that are personalized as per the preferences of individual users. The growth of digital technologies in the last two years has made customized ad serving simpler.
- Since the start of the pandemic, there has been an increase in voice searches over the Internet. It is estimated that about 25% of online shoppers have relied on voice-based searches to get details of the products of their choice. The advertisers made a note of this trend. They have commenced designing ads that respond to these voice commands and promptly grab the attention of users.
- Even in the pre-pandemic phase, sending ads in video format was popular. The usage of these ads became more widespread in the Covid times when people had spent plenty of time in front of their mobile devices. Businesses have now markedly reduced the duration of video ads, and this is not without a valid reason.
The pandemic caused depression and anxiety in an overwhelming number of people. As a result, the patience levels of these profiles have come down; they are disinclined to watch ads served through lengthy videos. Thus, advertisers began to rely primarily on short video ads, which are serving the purpose.
- Advertisers are now very careful to ensure that the video/ audio ads don’t begin to straightaway play with full sound. Users just get irritated when they hear an ad while they are concentrating on something else. The ads delivered nowadays are such that their audio gets turned on only when people intentionally click on them.
- Many businesses are designing and delivering ads where the continuity is not broken. To be clearer, nowadays; it’s very much possible that a given user watches the same show on three or four different devices, depending on their convenience. Here, it is crucial for the advertiser that this change of devices doesn’t impact their ads, in terms of being noticed by people.
Modern-day businesses are creating ads that are bridging the gap between varied devices, conforming to the above change in consumer behavior.
- There has been a striking rise in people relying on smartphones for searching and buying products and services, for the past two years. Several surveys have shown that most of the users transacted only through their smartphones, during the pandemic phase. Therefore, advertisers are making sure that the ads sent by them are compatible with these advanced devices.
- Another advertising trend of the post- Covid scenario is worthy of special mention. Businesses have begun to depend on interactive ads for aptly communicating the needed message to prospects. Slowly, conventional ads are failing to appeal to many consumers; people seek something innovative. It is here that ads facilitating two-way communication between the business and potential buyers have become game-changers.