Glow sticks are the most popular pieces used at parties and various entertainment events. These are the plastic tubes that have chemicals known for their luminous properties. Kids and youth have fun by using different kinds of glow products including glow necklaces and glow bracelets. Apart from the use as party favors, glow sticks are also used for toys. A glow stick added to a toy enhances its effect. Different varieties of light up toys are available in market these days.
It is safe to use glow sticks as the chemicals present in it are non-toxic and non-flammable. No actual heat is produced by them. Also, you do not find any risk of burns or fire. However, it is better to follow certain things for safe use of glow sticks.
- Though the chemicals in glow sticks are non-toxic, they should not be ingested or allowed to contact the eyes. Ensure that children are not keeping them in their mouth or eyes while using glow toys, glow bracelets or glow necklaces.
- When the chemicals come in contact to the eyes, immediately rinse them with water.
- Once purchased, the products should be kept in original packaging until they are ready to use.
- Glow sticks should not be left in sunlight or high temperatures.
- Avoid puncturing or cutting the plastic tubes.
- Make sure that the container is disposed off after usage.
- The chemicals of glow sticks may permanently stain clothing or furniture. Remember that you clean immediately once the stain is formed.
- Avoid the use of glow sticks for children below three years of age.
It is very easy for children to use glow sticks. However, ensure that they are using them under adult supervision.