One of the common oral health issues many people face is bleeding gums which causes a huge discomfort to the individual. Some symptoms of bleeding gums include red and swollen gums, bad breath, sensitive teeth, pus squeezed from gums and gum recession. In order to alleviate the pain and other features of bleeding gums, certain home remedies are often practised. Have a look on them.
- Frequent flossing and brushing after each meal is necessary. Also, ensure using toothbrush with soft bristles instead of a hard bristled one. Swishing with hydrogen peroxide after brushing for just about 30 seconds stops bleeding in gums.
- Rinsing your mouth with lukewarm salt solution twice a day is one of the common ways to stop bleeding in gums.
- As the problem is associated with vitamin C deficiency, taking fruits rich in vitamin C helps a lot. Other vitamin supplements can also be taken to reduce the problem.
- Mouthwash with different kinds of items is recommended for treating bleeding gums.Mouthwash containing peppermint oil, sage oil, menthol or chamomile are generally used.Even listerine mouthwash helps in curing gingivitis.
- Rubbing clove oil on the gums gives relief from pain and even minimizes the bleeding.
- Tea tree oil is one of the perfect solutions for treating bleeding gums. However, it is very unpleasant to taste. But, it is best in killing any germs and soothes the skin.
- Consumption of food items with low saturated fats is better. In addition, uptake of calcium supplements can reduce the problem to some extent. However, it is good to avoid sugar, fruit juices, soft drinks and white flour when suffering from bleeding gums.
With these home remedies, you can stop bleeding of gums. However, the problem may be because of many other problems such as major infections, leukemia, adjustment problems with braces and so on. It is, therefore, recommended to consult a dentist and get the right treatment.