You hire a perfect nanny to take care of your children for years ahead. You expect the nanny to perform her responsibilities based on your needs. Similarly, a nanny also expects something from you. Also, as an employer, it is important for you to keep your nanny happy.
- It is important to establish realistic expectations for nannies at the time of signing the contract. Make outlines on the duties that your nanny should perform. Assigning your piled up and extra duties can cause resentment in your nanny.
- You need to reward your nanny financially and emotionally. It is the best way for showing appreciation.
- Take care of her personal interests also. Ask her if she needs help with some educational courses. Suggest her to accompany you in a vacation trip to get relaxed.
- Provide salary for your nanny based on the workload and the number of children she is taking care.
- The most important thing is to treat your nanny with respect. Make her feel that she is given a value as a family member. Discuss your problems with the nanny and ask for some suggestions.
You take so much effort in hiring the best nanny for your child. Hence follow these guidelines for making your nanny happy in order to maintain a positive long-term relation. A nanny who is happy, likes to stay with you and your children for years to come.